Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Anger

noun ; [ang-ger]
1)
a strong feeling of displeasure and belligerence aroused by a wrong
2)
grief; trouble.



You can't be happy for 365 days a year and to try would be crazy. We are challenged constantly to grow, not just as a person but in spirit, in willpower. Our faith is constantly challenged, for endless reasons, one being so we can appreciate things when they're right. Emotions are one thing I've found, in myself, are challenged most. If you know me you will know that my mood swings are nothing to mess with; i don't know about you, but that's just me - i have found that the only person to control that is ME. We know we are the ones who have the most control over ourselves, but i don't think we realize it. Our moods can change in a split second, but did you notice that most of the time it's due to something someone ELSE had said or done? We are constantly in contact with people; people that have Moods and Emotions, like ourselves. Of course they are guaranteed to clash, life would be boring if they didn't, but too many of us are insensitive to how our Moods affect others.

I like to distance myself from people when I'm in a bad mood. I cut myself off from the rest of the world and take time to breathe and 'count to ten' in my own way. In the past i haven't done so and it lead to things that could have been avoidable. Anger, of all, is the most insensitive of all Emotions (in my opinion). It snaps at people, blocks people out, is blunt, abusive, damaging, thinks out-loud, ignores help, is self-destructing, it's a walking disaster. Anger is in each and every one of the fifty billion people on this earth meaning it takes fifty billion different forms, causes fifty billion different reactions, has hurt fifty billion different people and is handled in fifty billion different ways.

You know that feeling; the amazing one; the feeling that nothing in the world matters; and you swear that this is the feeling you never want to go away? You know the feeling I'm talking about? Well that, my friend, is Happiness (:
And I'm guessing you much prefer that feeling to Anger, right? Right. So how would you feel if Anger (in one of the fifty billion forms) decided to take that feeling from you, wouldn't you be disappointed? I know i would. We become so absorbed in how we are feeling that we forget we can affect the moods of those around us.

Speaking from experience, it's best to take a firm hold on that amazing feeling we call Happiness, because the tighter you grip the lesser chance there is of losing it to Anger, or any other form of negative energy. Be in control of YOUR Moods and YOUR Emotions and don't let the Anger (etc) of those around you affect you. By allowing their negativity to impact on you; you are giving them all the power and a sense of control over You; don't fuel the fire. You are your OWN person and you have a right to feel whatever it is you want to feel.

Take control of yourself, take a firm grip on Life as well as Happiness.
Although Emotions and Moods are small pieces to the Rollercoaster we call Life jump on board and enjoy the ride, you'll only get one chance (:

No comments:

Post a Comment